Frequently Asked Questions
1. What equipment do you have?
- Our moving trucks are 53ft, 48ft, 38ft, 35ft and 24ft enclosed trailers as pictured on our website. Each truck carries furniture blankets, ample shrink wrap, rubber bands, professional hand trucks, power tools and floor dollies. Our PowerMate MB-2 Stair Climbing hand truck is available at an additional charge for heavy safes.
2. Why does Apollo Strong prefer trailers over box trucks?
- Our trailers are drop decks. This makes for faster and safer loading than having to walk up steep ramps as with traditional box trucks. In addition, our 48ft, 38ft and 35ft trailers carrying capacity is significantly more than a traditional large box truck as well as more fuel efficient.
3. Is dis-assembly and reassembly included?
- Yes, dis-assembly and reassembly of traditional house hold furniture is included. We will also disconnect and reconnect your washer and dryer at no additional cost. Our crews carry all the necessary power tools and wrenches. (Additional $15 fee for cap & pressure test on washers if disconnect is needed.)
4. How is my furniture protected?
- Your furniture is wrapped with furniture blankets and shrink wrap prior to loading. Use of TV Boxes for flat screen 42" to 70" is included in your move. Please properly protect your fragile items when boxing and label delicate items.
5. Do you offer additional insurance?
- All moves are automatically covered at the TXDOT regulation of $.60 per pound, regardless of the item. If you would like to purchase additional insurance for your move, it must be arranged prior to your move. Please inquire with our office if additional insurance is desired for move. We do have General Liability Insurance for Office Moves.
6. Is there additional costs for extra an extra stop?
- No, there is no additional cost for extra stops with our hourly rates. Additional stops are calculated in flat rate moves when scheduling.
7. Do I need to take items out of drawers?
- Please take fragile and heavy items out of your drawers. Light weight items are fine. Your drawers will be shrink wrapped.
8. When does the time start for hourly rates?
- Your time starts once the men arrive at your location. Your time is finished once your movers put all of your items where you would like them to go. All flat rate moves include unlimited time.
9. What areas do you serve?
- We are based in Arlington, TX and happily service the entire Dallas, Fort Worth Metroplex and Great State of Texas. We also are fully licensed for Interstate Long Distance Moves.
10. Do you move safes?
- Yes, we use a PowerMate Stair Climbing Safe Dolly or a pallet jack for heavy safes and Gun Vaults.
11. Do you move pianos?
- We move standard upright piano’s only.
12. Do you require a credit card to book a move.
- We do not require a credit card on file to book your move.
13. How do you accept payment?
- Payment is welcome in Cash or Credit/Debit card at the time of your move. Sorry, we do not take personal checks.
14. How far in advance should I book my move?
- We are first come, first serve and do not overbook our move calendar. Please book your move at least 2 weeks in advance to ensure you get the date requested. Weekends, the first and last of the month fill up the quickest.